October 23, 2008

prayer and a caterpillar

During our Pumpkin patch adventure we found a small fuzzy caterpillar. Abbie was delighted at her discovering and decided to bring him home. We stoped for some delicious hamburgers at the Loch Lloyd Club House but didn't want him to escape while at dinner so we placed him in an empty water bottle. When we arrived home I spilled the insect out of the bottle only to discover that he was accidentally water logged in the bottle. I explained to Abbie that he had died and she instantly began crying over the loss of her brief relationship with her new pet. I attempted to revive him but after 4 hours of no movement I declared him dead.
To my surprise, the next morning the caterpillar was alive and crawling around on the counter top. I immediately shared the good news to Abbie and she responded that she had prayed to Jesus that he would make him alive and he did. Abbie was not surprised at all because she believed her prayer would be answered. Her matter of fact faith was inspiring.




1 comment:

aLLeN said...

yes it is! us grown ups have a lot to learn!

summer time

summer time
(click on image)

Hawaii

Hawaii
click on image for hawaii pics