January 22, 2009

dancing abbie

I LOVE watching Abigail when she is passionately and completely engaged in her activities. I delight in moments when she is in her own world singing songs. Sometimes, As my gaze is fix upon her, I will catch her eye and she will respond with a smile. Other moments I witness Abbie using her fertile imagination as she plays with toys. I am always amazed at her focus and concentration when she creates art. She is the most gifted artist her age. Also, as a father, I love seeing Abbie dribble the soccer ball around the yard and if I am able physically, I enjoy joining her. And in my completely biased opinion, she it really skilled soccer player.

Today I enjoyed observing her in dance class. She attends dance class every Tuesday and today parents were invited to watch. There are probably 20 other little girls in the room, but only one catches my eye and has my absolute attention. All of the other little dancers might be more gifted but only one captures my heart. Somehow as I watch everyone else just fades away.

I hope you enjoy these video clips as much as I do...

3 comments:

Tom and Leah said...

honestly, she looks bored. that girl has some serious moves, but this class is not show-casing them. i bet she would win a dance-off with any kid in that class.

she's sarah franz's daughter and that means she's a dancer!

Creationship said...

So adorable. I love to watch little dancers! She's a doll and I can't wait to get to know her better!

the fab 4 said...

the spring recital will be a Beatles theme.

summer time

summer time
(click on image)

Hawaii

Hawaii
click on image for hawaii pics