November 25, 2008

homemade yumminess

today i went over to my moms to make a big supply of babyfood for asher. my two sisters were there and we all enjoyed a day in the kitchen. leah made fudge, mom made her chocolate chip bundt cake and rachel helped us all. i've had friends who made all their baby food, and with money being tight right now, i thought i would try it. it was SO easy... just time consuming. i have green beans, asparagus, squash, carrots, pears, bananas and applesauce. i put them in ice cube trays, which are 1 oz. servings, and when they are frozen solid will put them in freezer baggies. it should last 3-4 months and cost me about $35. pretty good deal! we'll see what asher likes the best!

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm just now reading this post...I'm looking forward to trying our own baby food, too!!

summer time

summer time
(click on image)

Hawaii

Hawaii
click on image for hawaii pics