September 26, 2008

I had several follow-up appointments along with a PET and MRI scan this week. While driving to the cancer center on a sunny Thursday morning, I felt a little nervous. My concern was NOT due to the crazy drivers zooming by, but because of the results from my recent scans. After playing the waiting game and patient room shuffle, the doctor entered the room. He gently placed his hand on my shoulder and asked, "Is anyone here with you today?" Immediately I thought to myself, "Oh no, he has some really bad news and I need someone here for support." Why did his question fill me with fear? First, the doctor has never placed his hand on my shoulder and second, I am almost always alone. The PET scan shows cancerous activity in my entire body and the MRI was of my head. I have not had any scans of my head and was concerned there might be some new developments in my head or worse brain. By the grace of God, the results: no new areas or major changes. We also decided to postpone chemotherapy.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

AMEN!!!!!! Love you guys!

summer time

summer time
(click on image)

Hawaii

Hawaii
click on image for hawaii pics